Bandwidth Savings

Keenan Singh keenansingh at airlinktt.net
Wed Jan 11 04:08:45 UTC 2017

Hi Guys

We are an ISP in the Caribbean, and are faced with extremely high Bandwidth
costs, compared to the US, we currently use Peer App for Caching however
with most services now moving to HTTPS the cache is proving to be less and
less effective. We are currently looking at any way we can save on
Bandwidth or to be more Efficient with the Bandwidth we currently have. We
do have a Layer 2 Circuit between the Island and Miami, I am seeing there
are WAN Accelerators where they would put a Server on either end and sort
of Compress and decompress the Traffic before it goes over the Layer 2, I
have never used this before, has any one here used anything like this, what
results would I be able to expect for ISP Traffic?

If not any ideas on Bandwidth Savings, or being more Efficient with want we
currently.

Many thanks for any Help

Keenan