Fiber Costs [Was: Re: SoCal FIOS outage(?) / static IP readdressing]

Fletcher Kittredge fkittred at gwi.net
Tue Jan 10 15:21:53 UTC 2017

Numbers for building fiber optic systems are out there if you do the
research. Joining the FTTH Council is a good start. One thing to recognise
is that the numbers vary widely based on what is being built and where it
is being built. There are large regional, technology, and product
variations. Verizon has economies of scale few can match.

Having said that, some of the numbers listed are unrecognizably low.

--
Fletcher Kittredge
GWI