Safe IPv4 Was: Re: premiumcolo.net IP address rental

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:59:15 UTC 2017

Den 09/01/2017 kl. 20.35 skrev Aaron:
> The emails I've seen are looking to rent FROM us, not TO us. I've
> received an email to every one of our ARIN POCs so I assumed they were
> scraping whois data and marked it all as spam.
>
> Aaron

I believe it is a safe assumption that requests to rent IP space
received as spam (scraped and abused whois data) is for spamming. If you
were to give these guys your space, you will likely find your space
blacklisted on every imaginable service. And then you will find that the
check bounced. And the company will turn out not to exist if you try to
sue for your loss.

We also receive these requests regularly. There is probably a very good
reason these people do not just use the official brokers to buy some
space like the rest of us.

Not that it matters to me - we are a young expanding ISP so we are
buying not selling.

Regards,

Baldur