SoCal FIOS outage(?) / static IP readdressing

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Wed Jan 4 15:00:46 UTC 2017

Last 18 hour outage I experienced got me a fantastic half month credit.  It cost us more to pay me for the time I spent on hold than the credit was worth, so I no longer call them if we’re down and downdetector shows others in the area are too.  We’re in the process of moving the circuit to a backup role, but it’s proving to be a long process getting fiber run to an alternative.

David

On 1/4/17, 9:48 AM, "nanog-bounces at nanog.org on behalf of Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu" <nanog-bounces at nanog.org on behalf of Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

    On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 00:28:57 -0800, "Paul B. Henson" said:

    > I'm about at the point where next time it goes down and it appears to be
    > a remote issue I'm not going to bother to call it in; I'll just cross my
    > fingers and hope it fixes itself within a day or so and only report it
    > if it doesn't. I don't think my calls today did anything but waste my
    > time.

    Even if nothing else happens, calling in and reporting the problem *does*
    (or at least it *should*) set the clock running for any SLA-related compensation.