Juniper Advertise MED on EBGP session.

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Feb 21 15:26:20 UTC 2017

I tried to pull an old trick out of my playbook this morning and
failed.  I'd like to advertise BGP Metrics on an EBGP session,
specifically the existing internal metrics.  I know how to do this
on a Cisco, but I tried on a Juniper and it seems to be impossible.

I can set a metric in a policy, or put a default metric on the
session as a whole, or even set it to IGP.  But none of those are
what I want.  I want the existing metrics advertised as-is, just
like would be done over an IBGP session.  After an hour of reading
documentation and trying a few things, I'm starting to think it
may be impossible on JunOS.

Anyone have a tip or trick?

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org