backbones filtering unsanctioned sites

Sadiq Saif lists at sadiqs.com
Thu Feb 16 19:59:54 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-14 08:27, Jared Mauch wrote:
> So risk avoidance on the part of the 100k other sites hosted by CF is now a conspiracy?
>
> I'm surprised it took this many years for something like this to happen. Wonder which LE in which country...
>
> Either way seems nothing too suspicious is going on here.
>
> Jared Mauch

Looks like it was a court order issued recently in Spain.

"Cogent CEO Dave Schaeffer yesterday confirmed to Ars that the company
is complying with a court order issued recently in Spain."

TPB was not actually the target, it was collateral.

"But The Pirate Bay was not the subject of the court order, Schaeffer
also confirmed."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/a-court-order-blocked-pirate-sites-that-werent-supposed-to-be-blocked/

--
Sadiq Saif