ticketmaster.com 403 Forbidden

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Mon Feb 6 22:09:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 12:39:44PM -0500, Ken Chase wrote:
> Seems to me this random prefix-based blocking by major sites,
> then let's-use-nanog-to-fix-it, is not a great methodology.

You're correct.  It's not.

> What more 'official' and formalized mechanisms can we use?

RFC 2142 stipulates role addresses for a variety of functions, many of
which were in common use and some of which were considered best practices
even before they were formalized 20 years ago.  A *lot* of the traffic
here (and on other mailing lists) winds up here (and on other mailing lists)
because some incompetent/negligent operations don't support those.

---rsk