Threads that never end (was: Waste will kill ipv6 too)

sizone!math math at sizone.org
Sat Dec 30 23:39:05 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 06:42:46AM -0800, Stephen Satchell said:
  > On 12/29/2017 09:05 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
  > >the good thing about these long threads, which have ZERO new
  > >information, is having a KillThread command in one's mail user agent.
  > >get a life!
  >
  >I no longer use KillThread.  Instead, I sort my inbox by subject, and use
  >the Delete key liberally.  NANOG is by no means my first mailing list where
  >religious wars have broken out.  (*cough* Linux kernel list)   :)

I used to gate mailing lists into cnews, and then just use tin with
well-developed killfiles. Been a while though since I've touched a news system
at all. (long live sizone.uucp! :) Unfortunately I haven't gotten mutt to the
tin level (though collapsing threads makes reading the index easier..).
(Ctrl-D to kill an entire thread in mutt btw.)

Congrats on the record breaking thread! If anyone wants to TL;DR Im mildly
interested in the results of this 'wisdom of the cloud' brainstorm. Certainly
ipv6 is well solved by now.

Happy Brave New ipv6 Year!

/kc
--
Ken Chase - uunet.ca!{ryelect,zeibmef,pci,jaywon,robohack}!sizone!math