Waste will kill ipv6 too

Michael Crapse michael at wi-fiber.io
Sat Dec 30 02:31:47 UTC 2017

And if a medical breakthrough happens within the next 30 years? Nanobots
that process insulin for the diabetic, or take care of cancer, or repair
your cells so you don't age, or whatever, perhaps the inventor things ipv6
is a good idea for such an endeavour. a nanobot is microns wide, and there
will be billions per person, hopefully not all on the same broadcast
domain.In fact, as you saay, we should treat /64s as a /32 and a /64 for
ptp. So each nanobot gets a /64. 10B nanobots per person times 20B people =
oh, crap, we've exhausted the entirety of ipv6 an order of magnitude ago.
Let alone the fact that actual usable ipv6 /64s is 2 orders of magnitude
below that.