48vDC Output UPS

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Sat Dec 30 02:18:37 UTC 2017

On 12/29/2017 07:58 PM, Lewis,Mitchell T. wrote:
> Greetings again,
> I have been looking for a Rack Mount UPS that accepts AC power input but has 48vdc output(telco voltage). Anyone have any recommendations?

Are you saying you want a 48V battery but AC in and AC to the devices
being provided uninterruptible power, or do you want AC in and 48V DC
out for both storage and devices being powered?

If the latter, any reason not to just run conventional telecom-style DC
plant with a "rectifier", stack(s) of 48V worth of lead-acid batteries,
and appropriate DC power distribution?

If the former, Tripp-Lite has several options that I like.  You can get
an "inverter/charger" (which is basically a UPS sans batteries) or many
products in their SmartOnline (SU...) series have 48V batteries which
can be external and (warranty/support issues aside as well as possible
regulatory hassles) don't really care how big the battery bank is.

--
Brandon Martin