Waste will kill ipv6 too

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 02:12:22 CST 2017

Nobody needs to worry. I promise to reserve the last /32 out of my /29
assignment. When the world has run out of addresses, I will start to sell
from my pool using the same allocation policy that was used for IPv4. I
would consider a /64 to be equal a /32 IPv4 address. This would make a /56
assignment equal to a /24 IPv4 minimum assignment.

Historically we spent about 3 decades before running out of IPv4 space. So
my scheme should be good enough for some additional decades of IPv6.

I just hope nobody else does the same. That would be bad for my business
case.

Regards

Baldur