48vDC Output UPS

Brian Kantor Brian at ampr.org
Sat Dec 30 01:43:00 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 04:58:02PM -0800, Lewis,Mitchell T. wrote:
> Greetings again,
> I have been looking for a Rack Mount UPS that accepts AC power input but has 48vdc output(telco voltage). Anyone have any recommendations?
> Regards,
> Mitchell T. Lewis
> [ mailto:MLewis at TechCompute.Net | MLewis at TechCompute.Net ]
> [ http://linkedin.com/in/mlewiscc ] |203-816-0371
> PGP Fingerprint: 79F2A12BAC77827581C734212AFA805732A1394E [ https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2AFA805732A1394E | Public PGP Key ]

A word of caution (I was bitten by this): in many data centers,
the USA National Electrical Code requires that UPS units be
connected to the Emergency Power Off system so that in case of
emergency the UPS will shut off too.  Many of the less expensive
UPS units do not have EPO shutdown capability, and it usually
takes an electrician to wire it up when they do.

There are also NEC regulations regarding batteries.
	- Brian