Waste will kill ipv6 too

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Dec 29 03:50:48 UTC 2017

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 21:54:46 -0500, "Ricky Beam" said:

> Every scenario everyone has come up with is "unlikely". Home networks with
> multiple LANs??? Never going to happen; people don't know how to set them
> up, and there's little technical need for it.

And yet, my Lede-based router burned up 5 subnets easily.  Oh, so you don't
like that example because I'm not "people don't know how"?

Comcast is passing out CPE that provides a subnet for the actual subscriber,
and another one for *other* Comcast roaming customers.  And somehow this
works for a company the size of Comcast without the customers needing to know
how to set them up.