Waste will kill ipv6 too

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri Dec 29 03:07:43 CST 2017

> On Dec 28, 2017, at 6:54 PM, Ricky Beam <jfbeam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Home networks with multiple LANs??? Never going to happen; people don't know how to set them up, and there's little technical need for it.

Again, you are assuming you know how people will use networks forever.

Stop overthinking things, and just concentrate on just routing the packets.

Your ONLY concern as a network operator is the number of routing table entries you need to carry.  The size of my netmask (giggity) is irrelevant. Ship me a 48, 52, 64, 120, doesn't matter.  It's a single RTE as far as you are concerned.  (Again, unless you can't $afford renting the extra address space from ARIN.  In which case you don't have a network infrastructure problem ...)