Waste will kill ipv6 too

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Dec 29 01:34:23 UTC 2017

:: Now think about scaling.

Yes

:: If the population doubles, we're now down to four spare /3s.
:: If that doubled population doubles the number of devices,
:: we're down to two spare /3s.  If the population doubles
:: again, there will be no civilization left, let alone an
:: Internet.  Etc.  So realistically, the current address space
:: allocation policies can handle a doubling of the planet's
:: population, with each person having a quarter of a million
:: addressable nodes.  Each node having its own /64 to address
:: individual endpoints within whatever that 'node' represents.

Space: the final IP frontier
These are the voyages of the range of IPv6
Its many-year mission:
to explore strange new device implementations;
to seek out new planet-covering nano-device applications and new ad-hoc networking technologies;
to boldly go via DTN where no internet segment has gone before.
<cue space-like music>

:: Isn't this the utopia we've been seeking out?

I like that one! :-)

scott