Waste will kill ipv6 too

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Thu Dec 28 19:47:17 UTC 2017

the difference between thinking in terms of 128
bits vs 2^128 addresses which seem to be conflated in these discussions

I think you're wrong. Show me where anyone made a case in this thread at all for 2^128 addresses mitigating the problem. Everyone has been discussing structured assignments with 128 bits, and several people here have proven to a mathematical certainty that no technology here today nor on the horizon can exhaust this address space undertake the current allocation rules, *INCLUDING* using /64s for point-to-point circuit.

 -mel