AS PATH limits

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Fri Dec 22 23:27:08 UTC 2017

Ive found some other stuff that's totally busted, but screw those who havent
patched their systems. We should not help them at all as knowlegeable stewards
of big chunks of bandwidth, we should just write stuff about how silly they
are instead:

 https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/woot14/woot14-kuhrer.pdf

read the first table on page 3 and then explain the philosophy of not caring
about this as a general issue affecting the entire internet. That's not, to
date, been the attitude I've seen in here or elsewhere amongst admins, and I
dont see why we should start now.

(And I'd fix it _right now_, but it's at my major customer's discretion. I've
explained the risks, he's taken them to heart. He too is an actual seasoned
admin (with quagga experience), but turned off his AS least year and got out of
the game. He has his reasons for waiting a bit longer.)

/kc

--
Ken Chase - ken at heavycomputing.ca skype:kenchase23 +1 416 897 6284 Toronto Canada
Heavy Computing - Clued bandwidth, colocation and managed linux VPS @151 Front St. W.