Bandwidth distribution per ip

Karsten Elfenbein karsten.elfenbein at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 10:35:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

sounds like you are hosting the origin for the CDN which causes issues.
Does the CDN care where it is pulling the data from?
Could you place a cheaper origin somewhere else? Like AWS, Italy,
Katar or Amsterdam? For 150k/month you can get a lot of
bandwidth/storage/rack space somewhere else.
An other option could be to use something like origin storage where
the content is stored on a CDN provider server already.
Other than that you could check the hashing with your upstream
provider and make them use layer 4 info as well. If they refuse you
might be able to free up some IPs by reducing ptp links to /31 or some
ugly NAT tricks where ports are pointing to different services. (Mail
ports go to mailserver and http to CDN unit)
For ~$37.5k you can also buy some more prefixes to announce.

Karsten