Free access to measurement network

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Mon Dec 18 16:34:58 UTC 2017

They may not be monopolies by definition but they act like one when there is only a single viable option.  In Chicago I have access to Comcast Cable (city franchise cable provider in this area), AT&T Uverse (no fiber to the home so its DSL), or some wireless options (line of sight is tough, and non-LOS is not very fast).  If I want always on > 50 mbps service it is pretty much Comcast.  If you don't like the reliability or customer service, too bad.

At my summer home in Wisconsin we have access to CenturyLink (the protected RLEC) or satellite.  That's it.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL