Free access to measurement network

timrutherford at c4.net timrutherford at c4.net
Mon Dec 18 16:25:37 UTC 2017

The problem lies in the contracts that the big providers make the municipalities sign.  Basically says that the incumbent cable provider cannot be ousted without breach of contract.   The towns all sign because their only other choice is to roll out their own infrastructure which very few see the real value in.