historic SWIP (or rwhois) data?

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Mon Dec 18 16:01:33 UTC 2017

ARIN's WhoWas service?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Neal Rauhauser" <neal.rauhauser at gmail.com>
To: "NANOG list" <nanog at nanog.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2017 2:41:57 PM
Subject: historic SWIP (or rwhois) data?

Hello,

I'm working on a forensics problem rather than a network operations issue.

I've got a /28 that I can see is currently assigned to a certain company
via rwhois.

What I want to do is see this block's history over the last five years. It
was involved in some problematic behavior back in 2012, I'd really like to
know whose name was on it then.

It would be ideal if this data were available in some sort of flat file
format, or if a sensible API to it exists.

I've been searching a little bit, just found this, not really seeing any
place to download any of this data though.

https://gist.github.com/NetwarSystem/eed78b65d881d0d384664ab713cf5e1f