Companies using public IP space owned by others for internal routing

Robert Webb rwebb at ropeguru.com
Mon Dec 18 02:20:44 UTC 2017

Apologies for not responding sooner.

This came to light with me on a forum where someone posted that they thought it strange that their MTA received an IP that is assigned to the DoD DNIC.

Where I work I have the opposite issue. They have a lot of public IPv4 space and only use it internally never be advertised to the internet. Something I have never agreed
With doing.

Robert