Companies using public IP space owned by others for internal routing

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at biggeeks.org
Mon Dec 18 01:56:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

I know of some enterprise IT equipment that does this.  It was reserved space at the time it was picked.

It does not leak from the box, but every once in a while one of these IPs show up in a customer visible log, and causes confusion.

In ways it is better then rfc 1918 space as it has less chance of conflicting with a management network.

Harry