Free access to measurement network

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sat Dec 16 20:43:09 UTC 2017

That project was paid for by ARRA funds and ran out.

The FCC picked up the ball by expanding the scope of its 477 program. That data is available directly on their site or via some sites like broadbandnow.com

There are also many service providers available that aren't filing because either A) they don't know about it or B) government stuff.

My point was that consumers voted out thousands of independents by taking service from incumbents instead of independents. Thousands have closed up shop. Where independents are available, it's still tough getting customers if the incumbents have a service that mostly works (over say 5 to 10 megs), even if the independent offers service comparable to the incumbent's advertisements.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange