Static Routing 172.16.0.0/32

Kate Gerry Kate.Gerry at quadranet.com
Fri Dec 8 23:38:08 UTC 2017

In this example only semi-new devices with current OSes are accessing 172.16.0.0, concerns over old devices or a BSD4.2 machine hitting it is highly unlikely.

To clarify Ryan's statement, the device in question is our software repository where we store OS software updates, for only recent versions of software, so it should not be an issue. Since we have multiple locations, and multiple software stores, we use 172.16.0.0 as the AnyCast address.

I am glad that we have been able to stir up such a discussion, Ryan and I had the same conversation here so I am glad that he brought it to the group.

--
Kate Gerry
Network & Facilities Director
+1 (888) 578-2372 x206 / kate at quadranet.com
QuadraNet, Inc. / Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud, QuadraNet Vest DDoS Protection
Datacenters in Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago & New Jersey