Static Routing 172.16.0.0/32

Ryan Hamel Ryan.Hamel at quadranet.com
Fri Dec 8 03:13:57 UTC 2017

Greetings,

A colleague of mine has static routed 172.16.0.0/32 to a usable IP address, to have a single known IP address be static routed to a regions closest server. While I understand the IP address does work (pings and what not), I don't feel this should be the proper IP address used, but something more feasible like a usable IP in a dedicated range (172.31.0.0/24 for example).

I would to hear everyone's thoughts on this, as this the first IP address in an RFC1918 range.

Thanks,

--
Ryan Hamel
ryan.hamel at quadranet.com | +1 (888) 578-2372