Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Dec 6 21:39:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 16:26:00 -0500, Rich Kulawiec said:
> 2. Y'know, if I can see attacks/abuse arriving at networks/systems
> that I run, then surely they can see it leaving networks/systems that
> they run.

A packet stream that will DoS a 20/2 cable subscriber is just a tiny fraction
of a 100G pipe outbound from a large data center. (Though I'm sure the pipe to
your systems is bigger than 20 megabits, I'm also sure that your inbound is
probably smaller than the sum of all outbound pipes from AWS)

Is anybody selling monitoring gear that can do deep packet inspection
at line rate on a 100G pipe?