Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

Gordon Ewasiuk gewasiuk at blackhorselabs.net
Wed Dec 6 17:29:30 UTC 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/manage-sending-limits.html
>
> On 12/05/2017 10:16 AM, Gordon Ewasiuk via NANOG wrote:
>> AWS imposes "email sending limitations", by default, on all EC2 accounts.
>> Anyone who wants those limitations removed has to fill out a form and make
>> a use case to AWS Support.
>>
>> AWS also says they work with ISPs and "Internet anti-SPAM orgs" like
>> Spamhaus.

I can't comment about SES.  Don't use it.  Didn't mention it in my

Though, since you brought it up, the fact that Amazon imposes any limits
on their SES customers (sending quotas), has a initial sandbox that allows
a miniscule 200 msgs a day, and requires customers to demonstrate the need
to increase those limits suggests they are paying more than lip-service to
fighting spam.

They also have a published and current AUP:
https://aws.amazon.com/aup/

A working abuse team:
abuse AT amazonaws DOT com

and an online form where you can report EC2 abusers:
https://aws.amazon.com/forms/report-abuse

Suggesting AWS doesn't care seems...well...inaccurate.

-Gordon