Novice sysadmins (was: Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Dec 5 23:11:27 UTC 2017

--- list at satchell.net wrote:
From: Stephen Satchell <list at satchell.net>

Indeed, I'm not aware of any certification that applies to system
administrators.  Network administrators have certs that are
well-recognized and accepted.  Mail admins?  Server admins?  The certs
that are out there border on jokes or disguised sale pitches.

Have you seen neteng certs lately?  I'm forced to maintain a
lower level one to keep my job and it makes me angry every
time I have to do it.  The sales pitch is hidden in the words
and the correct answer is almost always something that has to
do with the proprietary item the vendor has.

scott