Small full BGP table capable router with low power consumption

Adam Lawson adlawson at zoho.com
Tue Dec 5 18:44:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

I think the options that came up are:
- Mikrotiks
This fits my requirements pretty nicely, however as Mike pointed out the
single threaded BGP is a bit of concern. Also, just that I'm not a very big
fan of the /xxx Mikrotik CLI.

- EdgeRouter Pros, Juniper M7i
- A server with bgpd running
- Cisco 4300-4400 series
Both the above would work nicely.

- Cisco 2900s
Can these handle full BGP tables as of today?

- Juniper MXs
The reason I wrote M7i instead of the MX was I far as I looked on the Juniper
site, it seems to use more power than the M7i (though you get more performance).

- Nokia IXR-R6 (not IXR-6)
- Huawei NE20E-S2E
I need to look these up. I'm guessing the Nokia has same CLIs as Alcatels.

Thanks,
Adam

---- On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:19:14 -0800 Adam Lawson <adlawson at zoho.com> wrote ----