Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Dec 5 03:21:46 UTC 2017

In article <0f7a39b9-efee-54d6-d449-081c7825cdec at spamtrap.tnetconsulting.net> you write:
>I was meaning to imply that I believe it would be more difficult to
>access the server at my house than at a co-lo / hosting facility.

Depends on the hosting facility.  My server is in a locked room that
used to contain printing presses, so it's pretty sturdy.  I expect the
hosting provider would be sceptical if someone showed up with a
subpoena.

For that matter, due to the somewhat informal way the IPs are managed
(I'm borrowing a block from a local ISP who doesn't currently need
it), it's rather hard to figure out where the server is.  See if you
can tell me where the host mail.iecc.com is physically located.

R's,
John