Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 4 22:20:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 15:06:07 -0700, Grant Taylor via NANOG said:
> Namely, when I ran my server at home, it took a search warrant to
> legally enter my house to access the server, which I would be
> immediately made aware of.

I'll just remind everybody that if this is a serious component of your threat
model, you probably need to have gotten in touch with some serious
professionals to help set everything up, because it's going to have more little
gotchas than we can cover here on NANOG.  For starters, did you build
your system in a way that avoids cold-boot attacks against the crypto
keys that manage access to your hard drive?

(Those 6 of you who *are* serious professionals at this can ignore that advice :)