Small full BGP table capable router with low power consumption

Adam Lawson adlawson at zoho.com
Mon Dec 4 19:19:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on 1U-2U sized router with 1G interface

which can handle both IPv4 and IPv6 full BGP table and doesn't consume

too much power.

The router needs to be squeezed in to a rack which doesn't

have a lot of space nor power. As for space, maybe I can make

space for 3U or 4U but as for power, I can only do around

1.5A at 100V on average. (There is room for burst power usage.)

The following are the one's I can think of:

- Juniper M7i with C-FEB-E (base 1.59A)

- Brocade CER2024F (1.35A)

- Mikrotik CCR, UBNT EdgeRouter Pro/Infinity

- A server with Vyos, vMX or ASR1000v

Does anyone have other recommendations?

Thanks,

Adam