Suggestions for a more privacy conscious email provider

Royce Williams royce at techsolvency.com
Sun Dec 3 19:55:35 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
wrote:

> On 12/03/2017 10:08 AM, Filip Hruska wrote:
>
>> It's kind of a pain to manage a mail server.
>>

> I disagree.
>
> I have been running my own mail server for > 15 years and extremely happy
> with it.
>
> I spend less than an hour a month needing to do things to it.  Usually
> that's just the same type of OS updates that I do to my workstation.
>
> Having my own mail server gives me a LOT more flexibility than relying on
> someone else's mail server.

For those of us who have the savvy to do so competently, sure.

For others, the key word may be "provider".

Setting up a Linode server on static IP space (to avoid being blacklisted),
setting up greylisting, antivirus/antispam (maybe?), STARTTLS, etc. ...

Maybe the OP is interested in outsourcing all of that - letting someone
else stay current with patching, spammer tactics, etc.

Royce