Arista Layer3

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Dec 1 11:16:03 UTC 2017

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 11:56 PM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jared,
>
> Which Arista box do you use for FTTH features? Whats the cost like as FTTH boxes are usually inexpensive, and Arista is not know to be inexpensive compared to something like Calix or Adtran.

I use the DCS-7050S-52-F.  This is because I get good routed features to meet my use-case, and the cost per SFP port was right.  I’m purchasing them used, so my price per 1G port (that can also do 10G to uplink/infrastructure) is comparable to the per-port price of other BCM based SFP switches, and the software quality is much much higher.  I don’t need 10’s of these either, so my use case is perhaps unique.

I really need some basic routing support, DHCP relay w/ circuit id, etc.

Ping me offline if you want more details about my use-case.  Once I have a few more things sorted, expect a full nanog talk about my problem & solution.

- Jared