Max Prefix Out, was Re: Verizon 701 Route leak?

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Thu Aug 31 10:50:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

but isn't peer A prefix-out a synonym for peer B prefix-in, that will
lead to the same result, e.g. a BGP teardown?

I just feel that this will add another factor, that people will not use
or abuse: neigh $x max-out infinite

What about adding an option to the BGP session that A & B do agree on a
fixed number of prefixes in both directions, so Bs prefix-in could be As
prefix-out automatically?

Jörg