Verizon 701 Route leak?

Julien Goodwin nanog at studio442.com.au
Mon Aug 28 21:41:05 UTC 2017

On 28/08/17 18:34, Job Snijders wrote:
> Finally, it may be worthwhile exploring if we can standardize and
> promote maximum prefix limits applied on the the _sending_ side. This
> way you protect your neighbor (and the Internet at large) by
> self-destructing when you inadvertently announce more than what you'd
> expect to announce. BIRD has this functionality
> http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&f=bird-3.html#proto-export-limit
> however I am not aware of other implementations. Feedback welcome!

Having just dug up the reference for some strange reason...

Back at NANOG38 (2006) Tom Scholl mentioned in a talk on max prefix:
"Perhaps maximum-prefix outbound?
(Suggested by Eric Bell years ago)"
https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog38/presentations/scholl-maxpfx.pdf

Notably Juniper does now have prefix-export-limit, but only for
readvertisement into IS-IS or OSPF:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/prefix-export-limit-edit-protocols-isis.html