Last Week's Canadian Fiber Cut

Christopher Morrell christopher.morrell.nanog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 22:29:34 UTC 2017

Let’s not forget that all POTS and cell service was offline during the
outage - even for local and 911 service.

There is some high level of dependence on some equipment in Quebec and/or
westward which should not be there.

A double fault like that should not knock out all local service for 4 out
of 10 provinces. I would expect that an architectural review is under way.