Virtual or Remote Peering

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Aug 17 11:41:45 UTC 2017

A company you have a contractual arrangement with vs. random operators of which neither you nor the end party have any relationship with. Which one's unreliable, again?

>From a technical perspective:
router located with IX > wave to IX > switched PtP\PtMP to IX > remote peering service > transit

Fiscally, it's almost the other way around, with where transit goes being variable based on locations and volumes.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com