Last Week's Canadian Fiber Cut

David Charlebois dcharlebois at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 01:05:04 UTC 2017

Just read this on http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/bell-aliant-says-
double-cable-cut-that-led-to-cell-outages-was-perfect-storm-1.3547018

"Bell spokesman Nathan Gibson says the first cut was by a highway
construction crew near Drummondville, Que.

He says service wasn't impacted in any significant way because of
redundancy in the network until a second major cut near Richibucto, N.B.,
by a logging company in a densely forested location.

He says the second cut was difficult to access and took some time to locate
precisely, and the site's inaccessibility slowed the arrival of heavy
equipment and repair crews."