Puerto Rico Internet Exchange

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 22:04:38 UTC 2017

Hi Arturo,

Good call. I believe the funds are coming from the USF? (Mike Hammet knows
more about this than me). I had conversations with multiple congressional
staffers about using USF funds for IXP development. They're in for good
projects. The USG and US congress is more than willing to fund IXPs using
USF funds. Commercial or otherwise, depending on the bnenefits and commits.

I agree, it would be a good vector to work an improved IXP with larger
scale support in Puerto Rico, building on the work Mehmet did with
PR^H^HIX-PR. :-) I remember that conversation here vividly. Still requires
a key location e.g. Power + fiber. Where to?

Econmically, PR is long overdue for a neutral IX, locally organized, that
can make an impact.

Cheers,

-M<