AS202746 Hijacks: Is Telia (a) stupid, or (b) lazy, or (c) complicit?

Jima nanog at jima.us
Sun Aug 13 19:47:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-13 10:05, Ca By wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 8:53 AM Dovid Bender <dovid at telecurve.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems that his emails are accomplishing something!
>>
>> http://bgp.he.net/AS202746
>>

> Name and shame does work sometimes

IMO, this works better than most name-and-shame efforts because the
behavior being called out is fairly universally indefensible. I think we
can all agree to hate prefix hijackers (when we all pay for our IP
assets) and spammers (because they cause most of us varying levels of
grief), whereas "I personally don't like $x" (e.g., slow IPv6/BCP
adoption) is often met with "I don't care about this, so fooey on your
initiative."

There may be a pointed statement in there -- thanks. ;-)

      Jima