DevOps workflow for networking

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:44:12 UTC 2017

Kasper

I know that many are embarrassed to share their overly manual processes and
or others are keeping their solutions private. It sounds like you have a
solution for your needs. I would add some transparency to the process in
the form of a dashboard or summary of status for support staff, security,
QA, etc to understand that a particular release was tested, approved and
deployed "days" prior to the customer having an issue vs "minutes".
Inter-organization communication and socialization for the win!

Maybe a poll on workflow would be fun:
1. Break Fix workflow - aka ASAP
2. Whale customer requests only
3. Budget constrained projects only
4. Everything is awesome we get to test all the things AND have single
button rollback
5. All of the above depending on the team and department.

:)

--
- Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.com
<http://lathama.org> -