US/Canada International border concerns for routing

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 02:13:49 UTC 2017

It is worth noting, however, that the former AllStream ASN (formerly AT&T
Canada) AS15290 is a completely different thing, and has distinct
infrastructure and routing from the AboveNet ASN which is operated by Zayo.
Although they are probably using "Free" Zayo transport by now.

If I am grossly wrong and anybody from layer 3 network operations at Zayo
wants to chime in and tell us about the 40,000 ft view of their plans to
combine AS15290 and AS6461, I am sure the community would be very
interested.