Bell outage

John Cavanaugh jcavanaugh at netcraftsmen.com
Fri Aug 4 18:22:14 UTC 2017

No a single fiber bundle cut doesn’t cause this level of outage.

I am at a family reunion in Nova Scotia and – Bell internet is down, all cell services are down, most land lines are down and 911 services are problematic.  A lot of flights in Halifax have been cancelled (impacting our reunion).  Downdetector.com shows a lot, but do not see any details on outages.

Looks more like a Cyber incident.  At the moment cable service at the cottage is still up….  Was in town and all the banks were closed except RBC.  Only one gas station on the highway was operational.

Thanks,

John Cavanaugh