Bell outage

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Fri Aug 4 20:33:45 UTC 2017

It can be really impossible with multiple carriers because even if you get a geographically diverse route on day 1, carriers are constantly grooming and reconfiguring and since each carrier does not monitor the other ones architecture they cannot even know that they are ruining your redundancy by re-grooming circuits into the same physical paths.  The only way you could even begin to know would be to demand regular updates of your circuits physical layout (if they will give it to you and they actual know what it is) and then you would just have to hope that a) their records are current and b) you don't get re-groomed that very same evening.

If you request geo diversity from a single carrier, they should be able to check that they have diverse paths but you have to stay on them to ensure they stay that way.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL