Multicom Hijacks: Do you peer with these turkeys (AS35916)?

Jima nanog at jima.us
Fri Aug 4 13:15:44 UTC 2017

Oops, following up a bit late.

I was told yesterday that AS209 blocked their acceptance of
163.198.0.0/16 from AS35916 based on a number of complaints, which
unfortunately left a path via their peering with NTT (which I presume
they can't filter for $reasons). But then a short time later AS35916
withdrew the announcement entirely, possibly because of the traffic
engineering implications of that filtering (not sure).

Short-term, it's a win, but long-term we may not have seen the last of
this prefix.

      Jima