10G MetroE 1-2U Switch

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Apr 19 20:05:42 UTC 2017

Thanks Tom... I might be wrong, I thought I remembered Ciena not having the
MPLS routing capabilities I needed... I do see this on their website... so
maybe it does more MPLS L2/L3VPN capabilities than I remembered... I might
have to take another look at this and talk to my Ciena POC and VAR...

Thanks again.

http://www.ciena.com/products/5160/

    RFC 2205, 3031, 3036, 3985 MPLS PWE3 Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
    RFC 5654 MPLS-Transport Profile (TP)
        LSP Static provisioning
        1:1 Tunnel protection
        LSP BFD via Gal/Gach
    MPLS Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS)
    RFC 4762 VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Service) and Hierarchical VPLS
(H-VPLS)
    Provider Edge (PE-s) Functionality for VPLS and H-VPLS
    VPLS with multiple VPLS Mesh Virtual Circuits
    H-VPLS with Hub and Spoke Virtual Circuits
    MTU-s Functionality for H-VPLS deployment
    MTU-s Multi-homing (redundant VCs to different PE-s switches)
    MPLS Virtual Circuit as H-VPLS spoke Virtual Circuit
    PBB-TE Service Instance as H-VPLS spoke Virtual Circuit
    Q-in-Q Ethernet Virtual Circuit as H-VPLS spoke Virtual Circuit
    MPLS Label Switch Path (LSP) Tunnel Groups
    MPLS Label Switch Path (LSP) Tunnel Redundancy
    Layer 2 Control Frame Tunneling over MPLS Virtual Circuits
    RFC 3209 RSVP-TE (for MPLS Tunnel Signaling)
    RFC 3630 OSPF-TE (for MPLS Tunnel Routes)
    RFC 3784 IS-IS-TE (for MPLS Tunnel Routes)
    RFC 3036 LDP & Targeted LDP (for VPLS VC signaling)
    RFC 4090 MPLS Fast ReRoute signaling
    LSP Ping & Traceroute

-Aaron