Anyone using Arista 7280R as edge router?

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Tue Apr 18 00:55:11 UTC 2017

On 14/04/17 14:51, David Hubbard wrote:
> I’m looking at the ASR9001 with add-on ports since I need (10) 10gig.

Be careful here; the 9001 won't support IOS-XR 64-bit as far as anyone
can make out, and there is a semi-confirmed successor already on its way
up ("9901"). Be sure to mention this if you're speaking to Cisco. :)

At that sort of bandwidth, however, something that wasn't viable when I
last looked at it was Juniper's vMX. I'd be very intrigued in that as a
solution today, assuming your requirements fit into 9001-sized chunks
right now.

The 7280R might suit you though, so don't rule it out on my account. The
feature count has been coming on fast since I last evaluated it, late
last year.

--
Tom