Interconnection Track

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at akcin.net
Mon Apr 17 11:52:30 UTC 2017

Thank you very much for sending privately and publicly an overwhelming
number of suggestions. I do appreciate you taking time and writing things
up in detail. I am doing my best with help of Greg H from PC to put these
thoughts on paper.

It looks like there is a great interest to make this track focusing on
tooling and automation as well as introductions of new game changing ixps.

I would like to invite all new IXPs to come and talk about what they offer
(ie denver-ix)

I also would like to invite any existing IXPs to announce price discounts
to their services. This is the only update we will have time in this
interconnection track. Unfortunately no graphs, other updates.

Few questions, Seattle is beautiful in summer and I hope to have many of
you in person in beautiful washington state, but for those who can't
travel, should we record / live stream this session? (Historically we did
keep peering track off the grid... i believe)

Would it be interesting to focus on peering challenges globally or strictly
focus on north america?

Last but not least, If you have a tool you want to talk about in
interconnection track that is directly involved with peering setup, etc.
please do contact me offlist.

Cheers! Looking forward to it.